Bay City Computers for All your communications needs.
- We recommend an use for Exetel Communications
- We specialise in both communications and Information
Technology, which means we can provide professional advice for your
- We can coordinate your upgrade or project and ensure that all
components are integrated.
- Providing personal service. A fully trained, local, IT support
expert will be allocated to your business and will provide ongoing
- Local Service - we service The Bayside Area including,
Frankston, Carrum Downs, Braeside, Dandenong, and Clayton
The Quick Guide - Technologies Accessing the Internet
This technology revolutionised Internet access. It still uses
the phone line but operates as higher frequency channel so the
phone can be used at the same time. Speeds can be in excess
of 10 Mbits/ download and 0.8 Mbit/s upload.
- Can be High Speed. Depending on the distance from the
- Relatively low cost
- Uses existing phone lines
- High download speeds but low upload speeds
- Able to get a fixed IP address for emails etc.
The Pay TV cables installed by Optus and Telstra offer an
alternative way of connecting to the internet. With typical speed
of 20 Mbit's or up to 100 MBit/s on the Telstra network cable is
generally faster than ADSL.
- Higher speed than ADSL
- Only available if you have a Pay TV cable running past your
- Cannot get fixed IP Address for emails etc.
3. NBN - National Broadband Network - Using Fibre Optic
- Faster Speed than ADSL or Cable
- Installed by the NBN team to your premise
- Able to get fixed IP address
- Will take approximately 5 years to roll out so may not be
available in your area
- Phone will use VOIP. No longer use the copper network
4. Wi-Fi to your desktop or laptop - Instead of running
Wi Fi is a substitute for running cables from your computer to
the ADSL or Cable Modem. Wi-Fi uses radio waves instead of
running leads from your computer.
- Low cost way of accessing the internet
- Ability to access the internet in public places where wireless
hot spots are provided such as hotels and some restaurants.
- Signal can be subjected to interference from other nearby
5. Broadband Wireless Internet.
Is the newest kid on the block. It piggy backs on the Mobile
Phone network to provide speeds up to 7 Mbit/s. It works by having
small USB Broadband device attached to into your PC or built
into your Mobile Phone or iPAD.
- Portable, Internet access is now mobile you can gain access to
the internet from anywhere there is Mobile Phone network
- Data Plans more expensive than ADSL or Cable Internet.
- Speed and coverage can be highly variable depending on the
quality of the mobile phone signal and congestion from other
This product provides higher speed for both upload and
- For businesses who need faster upload speeds when accessing
information from their servers from the internet
- Higher Cost