Protecting against Ransomware.
It is necessary to consider how your data is kept
These simple steps when you are implementing a plan:
Email security requires a number of steps.
- Do not download any attachment that you have not
- Just because an email sent to you has a lik attached to it
check it is going to where it is designated.
- Hover your mouse ouver rhe link and ensure that the link is
associated with the URL it is stated.
- Emails sent too you are looking very professional. They will
replicate may well kown companies, organisations or Official such
as Police, Governments even foreign goverments waiting to give,
sorry tske your money via your details supplied.
- If you get an Email that is suspicious do not click the link or
- Search google or ask for assistance by an IT professional
before opening it.
Ant-virus programs that uses more than signature based virus
protection. TrendMicro worry-free business services is such.
A good firewall is also a necessity today. The firewalls such as
WatchGuard, CheckPoint and Endian have this capabillity and we
The firewall will stop access to prohibited sites and limit
access during work times. It can also log the sites by employees
USB drives which are unidentified should not be inserted into a
PC as this is one of the best methods of spreading a virus. It
should be scanned off the network on a seperate PC.
A good backup program which will allow remote backup can
minimise the damage by ransomware.
The most important thing to do is backup, backup, and backup